Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pictures!

As I promised, here are some highlights from the great pictures Dave is taking.

Here's one of the side canals:

side-canal-with-reflection

The Grand Canal at night:

grand-canal-at-night

Dave and I on the Ponte Scalzi, just outside our hotel:

dave-and-jason-on-ponte-scalzi

Some of the Venetians like to decorate their boats:

snow-white-boat

The outdoor music here is, generally, in much better taste than I am used to in the states. This guy struck up "La Vie en Rose" as we walked by; I was so pleased I tossed him a 1-Euro coin:

accordionist

This guy was playing some Beatles or something, but on a guitar in classical style:

guitarist

The gondoliers really do wear those striped shirts and flat hats:

gondolier1

gondolier2

BTW, I've also added a few pictures to the previous post, so if you read it already, go back and scan for the new pics. Sorry about that; now that we're in a city with a little more infrastructure and there is wireless access in the hotel lobby, I'll try to do things in a more linear fashion going forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home